|In today's global economy, many Westchester business owners and managers are looking abroad for new markets and partnership opportunities. Because of the unique challenges associated with global business, Westchester County works in partnership with the Westchester Export Assistance Center and the World Trade Council of Westchester to help companies succeed in their overseas endeavors.
The Westchester Export Assistance Center is an agency dedicated to helping small-to-medium sized New York companies develop international markets. The Center’s staff of International Trade Specialists will help you:
The Westchester Export Assistance Center works with 165 other U.S. Export Assistance Center offices located in 82 countries across the globe. This extensive network can provide your Westchester-based business with a number of valuable services to help grow your business internationally.
- Identify and evaluate international partners
- Navigate international documentation challenges
- Create market entry strategies
- Navigate other export related issues
The World Trade Council of Westchester provides a forum for networking and business development for those companies and individuals involved in international business.
Through its partnership with the Westchester County Office of Economic Development, the World Trade Council pursues its mission which is to promote and foster international trade within Westchester and the lower Hudson Valley.
In cooperation with The Westchester Export Assistance Center and The World Trace Council of Westchester, Westchester County government offers a number of services in support of global business expansion, including:
For more information on going global with your Westchester business, contact our expert, Scott Fernqvist, at (914) 995-3078 or an email to email@example.com
- Global videoconferencing services for small-to-medium sized firms looking to leverage the county’s infrastructure to establish international business connections.
- Matchmaking and business networking opportunities through special events and one-on-one sessions organized by the county and its partners.
- Access to established network of private and public sector contacts in strategic locations around the world, including China, Italy, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. In China, firms can leverage the county’s “Sister City” relationship with Jingzhou, China and cooperative agreements signed with Pudong New Area of Shanghai, the Shandong Department of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation, Shanghai Pudong Productivity Center and the city of Wuxi.
- Participation in county-led global trade missions and inclusion in marketing materials designed to promote Westchester-based firms globally.
- Free initial membership for local technology firms in US Channels, a web-based platform designed to connect key stakeholders in the global technology market.